Workforce assessments is the portion of corporate and continuing education that is responsible for helping students obtain the North Carolina Career Readiness Certificate and generally supporting individuals in preparing and searching for employment through Rowan-Cabarrus employability labs.
- Visit one of the employability labs to register and work with an instructor to assess your skills.
- Develop and follow a training plan to build on your existing skills.
- Take the WorkKeys tests to earn your North Carolina Career Readiness Certificate.
North Carolina Career Readiness Certificate
What is it for?
The NC Career Readiness Certificate is a nationally recognized certificate that demonstrates that you have the essential skills needed for most jobs: reading for information, applied mathematics and locating information. ACT studies have found that 90% of all occupations utilize these three skills. By obtaining a NC Career Readiness Certificate, you are making yourself more marketable, as you will need less training and employers can feel confident that you are prepared for the job.
How does one get it?
If you are deficient in any of the skill areas, then work with the instructors at any of the Rowan-Cabarrus employability labs to develop and hone your skills. Once you are prepared, take and pass the three WorkKeys tests. There is one $30 fee to take all three of the WorkKeys tests.
The employability labs prepare students for the WorkKeys tests. However, the employability labs also offer services in:
- improving resumes
- completing job applications
- preparing for job interviews
- improving typing skills and speed
- Training Services
- Corporate and Continuing Education