Welcome to Fall 2023!
Announcements & Updates
- Fall 2023 Term Information: Fall Term begins Monday, August 14, 2023 for 16-week and the first 8-week terms. Please see catalog for the list of Art & Design courses being offered.
- Friday Open Studio Hours: Open Studio is back starting August 25, 2023 at N107 on North Campus.
- Fall 2023 Juried Student Exhibition will be held November 17th – December 1st at Rail Walk Studios & Gallery in Salisbury.
For all questions and concerns regarding the Department of Art & Design, please contact Jenn Gardner Selby (Program Chair) at email@example.com. Phone: (704) 216-3820. Building: North Campus N107.
Welcome to the Department of Art & Design!
The Department of Art & Design prepares our students for professional work in visual arts and graphic design. Our department focuses on integrating theory and practice and offering hands-on practical learning while bringing together a variety of perspectives, experiences, and real-world education to provide opportunities for student success. We invite you to experience our unique and collaborative programs!
The Department of Art & Design is based in the N107 Building on North Campus! All full-time faculty offices are located in suite N107. Many ART and GRD classes will be taught in building N107, so be sure to check the location of your scheduled classes.
Additional ART classes on North Campus are taught in rooms 202 and 106 in building N103 and room 111 and in building N106, and on South Campus ART and GRD courses are taught in room 303 in building S203.
The mission of the Department of Art & Design is to provide a strong foundation in the visual arts and graphic design whereby students learn skills, vocabulary, and professional proficiencies necessary for transfer and employment, and to provide general education courses in the visual and performing arts for non-majors.
The vision of the Department of Art & Design is to develop creativity and critical thinking in order to strengthen student success through the power of learning.
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Department of Art & Design is to promote the visual arts and graphic design at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College and within the surrounding service area.
The Department of Art & Design serves three (3) primary functions at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College. These functions are:
- Offer the AFA-VA (Associate in Fine Arts in Visual Arts) degree program
- Offer the AGD (AAS: Advertising and Graphic Design) degree and certificate programs
- Provide General Education for students from across the college, including:
- Offer six (6) Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC) courses for all transfer students
- Offer General Education and Elective courses with ART-, DRA-, GRD-, and MUS- prefixes
- Offer Arts and Cultural experiences for students
About the Department of Art & Design
The UNC System Virtual Transfer Fair runs from September 26 - 28, 2023. This is an amazing opportunity to learn about transfer options. You can register here. The UNC System Virtual Transfer Fair is an opportunity for students, families, and transfer advisors...
September 26, 2023: Instructor Wil Bosbyshell’s Work Selected for 2023 North Carolina Artists Exhibition
Congratulations to Design Instructor Wil Bosbyshell who had work selected for the juried 2023 North Carolina Artists Exhibition, hosted by the Raleigh Fine Arts Society at CAM (Raleigh Contemporary Art Museum)! More information can be found on the website at...
Join the Department of Art & Design for a special trip to the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and the Weatherspoon Museum! During this trip, students will enjoy a private tour of the UNCG Gatewood Studio Arts Building, an Alumni lead tour of the UNCG...