Registration is open for Summer and Fall 2021!
The Art & Design Department regards the safety and comfort of Students and Faculty as our number one priority. We continue to respond to COVID-19 with innovative strategies that forefront academic access and excellence.
As a result, we have expanded our program offerings to accommodate a variety of safe and effective learning models.
For the Summer and Fall you can register for your choice:
- Socially Distanced in-person offerings
- Online Asynchronous offerings
- Online Synchronous offerings
Visit WebAdvisor to find the right schedule for you.
Thank you and stay safe!
Welcome to the Department of Art & Design!
The Department of Art & Design prepares our students for professional work in visual arts and graphic design. Our department focuses on integrating theory and practice and offering hands-on practical learning while bringing together a variety of perspectives, experiences and real-world education to provide opportunities for student success. We invite you to experience our unique and collaborative programs!
The Department of Art & Design is based in the 700 Building on North Campus! All full-time faculty offices are located in suite 708. Many ART and GRD classes will be taught in building 700, so be sure to check the location of your scheduled classes.
Additional ART classes on North Campus are taught in room 4130 in building 400, and on South Campus ART and GRD courses are taught in room 3233 in building 3000 and in room 2206 in building 2000.
The mission of the Department of Art & Design is to provide a strong foundation in the visual arts and graphic design whereby students learn skills, vocabulary, and professional proficiencies necessary for transfer and employment, and to provide general education courses in the visual and performing arts for non-majors.
The vision of the Department of Art & Design is to develop creativity and critical thinking in order to strengthen student success through the power of learning.
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Department of Art & Design is to promote the visual arts and graphic design at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College and within the surrounding service area.
The Department of Art & Design serves three (3) primary functions at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College. These functions are:
- Offer the AFA-VA (Associate in Fine Arts in Visual Arts) degree program
- Offer the AGD (AAS: Advertising and Graphic Design) degree and certificate programs
- Provide General Education for students from across the college, including:
- Offer six (6) Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC) courses for all transfer students
- Offer General Education and Elective courses with ART-, DRA-, GRD-, and MUS- prefixes
- Offer Arts and Cultural experiences for students
About the Department of Art & Design
Transfer & Advising Information
- AFA-BFA Uniform Articulation Agreement (Visual Arts)
- UNC Charlotte
- UNC Greensboro
- UNC Wilmington
Graphic Design Advising Information
Catawba College Receives Audio Embedded Sculptural Bench in County-Wide Diversity Project
Art & Design Spring 2021