Information Assurance (IA) & Cyber Defense (CD) Certificates
Under the Information Technology umbrella, two specializations are available for the IA/CD area: Cyber Crime & Digital Forensics and Cyber Security. Within each specialization, students also have the availability to earn certificates by completing the required courses in each area as noted under each diploma specialization listed below:
- Associate in Applied Science Degree: Cyber Security (A25590SC)
- Cyber Investigations Certificate (C25590CI)
- The United States loses $100 billion annually as a result of cybercrime, which targets over 556 million victims per year.
- Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia, NC-SC average salary is $96,660 – May 2015
- The FBI’s Most Wanted List for cyber criminals currently contains just five individuals, but each is responsible for consumer losses ranging from $350,000 to $100 million.
- About 10% of all social media users have received a cyber-threat. More than 600,000 accounts are compromised every day on Facebook alone.