Information Assurance (IA), Cyber Defense (CD) & Cybersecurity Resources
The following cybersecurity sites and government sites provide information on cybersecurity as well as list some of the agencies and organizations responsible for securing our nation, our information, and our families. They also provide extensive information in helping us learn and understand the current risks and mitigation techniques that can be taken to thwart threats.
Looking for a Cybersecurity Job?
- CyberSeek – Project partners include BurningGlass (Careers in Focus), CompTIA (Computing Technology Industry Association), and NICE (National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education)
Information Assurance, Cyber Security and Security Related Sites
- Multi-State Information Sharing & Analysis Center (MS-ISAC) – A Center for Internet Security
- National Center For Systems Security And Information Assurance (CSSIA) – Innovation in Cybersecurity Education
- National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE)
- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Department of Justice
- FBI – Cyber Crime
- National Security Agency (NSA)
- United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT)
- Includes the Federal Computer Incident Response Center
- US Department of Energy Computer Incident Advisory Capability
Other government sites, not listed here, can be found on the MS-ISAC site.
- The United States loses $100 billion annually as a result of cybercrime, which targets over 556 million victims per year.
- Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia, NC-SC average salary is $96,660 – May 2015
- The FBI’s Most Wanted List for cyber criminals currently contains just five individuals, but each is responsible for consumer losses ranging from $350,000 to $100 million.
- About 10% of all social media users have received a cyber-threat. More than 600,000 accounts are compromised every day on Facebook alone.