Interviewing Head to Poe: The Magic of Making the Connection with the Interviewee (ONLINE) ITRP Eligible class
June 1, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Tanya Chapman REGISTER HERE using course code 104535
- Date: June 1-30, 2021 Registration for this class closes on 5/24/2021.
- Hours: 16
Central to the role of the interviewer, is the ability to establish a connection with the interviewee. Establishing the connection does not have to be a happenchance occurrence. Over one-hundred and sixty years ago, Edgar Allan Poe, in The Purloined Letter provided insight as to how to establish the connection. Only now, has science progressed to understand and subsequently, utilize the cryptic that Poe placed within the story. Consequently, the interviewer, understanding the mental functioning that allows two persons to connect, can strive to enhance their ability to make that connection on a more regular and highly productive basis.
1) Identify the function neurons within the brain.
2) Describe the role of neurons in the establishment of rapport.
3) Explain the role of rapport as it applies to the goal of compliance gaining.
To register for this class, please send your request to LETrain@rccc.edu. R