Student Life & Leadership
Student Government Association
Minority Student Leadership Academy
All curriculum students (paying an activity fee) are invited to join the academic, service, and special interest club of their choice. Students interested in forming a New Student Organization should contact the Student Life Office (704-216-3605) concerning their particular interests.
Club Charters are due on or before October 15 each year!
Student Organization Responsibilities
- A student organization shall have a president or designated representative attend each monthly SGA meeting. Failure to attend the SGA meetings will result in a written warning first, followed by a forfeiture of fundraising status (this sanction does not affect the club recognition status or its ability to conduct regular meetings).
- Each club shall maintain contact with the SGA President concerning current organization and SGA agendas and activities.
- To receive the $250/semester club scholarship money, each club must submit a current organization constitution, club officers and advisors list, and planned campus service and community service projects for the year.
- Existing Student Organizations wishing to renew their charter should submit the required documents using the Online Charter Submission Form.
Student Organization Liaisons
The Student Organization Liaison is available to provide assistance throughout the year. They can answer questions about travel grants, meetings, policies and procedures. Please refer to the list below to find your Liaison.
- Air Conditioning, Construction Management and Electrical Club (ACE)
- Cabarrus-Kannapolis Early College
- Cabarrus Tech Early College
- Cosmetology Club
- Education Club
- Minority Student Leadership Academy (MSLA)
- National Society of Leadership & Success
- Phi Theta Kappa (PTK)
- Skills USA
- Student Nurses Association
- TriBeta (Biology Club)
- Art & Design Club
- Caps & Crowns
- Criminal Justice Club
- Equality Club
- Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)
- Living in Faith Today (L.I.F.T.)
- National Society of Leadership & Success (NSLS)
- Rowan County Early College
- Student Occupational Therapy Association (SOTA)
- Welding Club
- Women of Wisdom (W.O.W)