Once you have made the decision to take classes at RCCC, call or visit the Student Services Office on any campus or to apply online. Please realize it takes a minimum of two business days to process your application, depending on the date you apply. All students are expected to follow the policies and procedures of the college.
By signing or electronically completing and submitting the college application, the student acknowledges that all information is accurate and accepts the responsibility to be aware of and follow codes of conduct, behavior standards and all program specific rules, policies, and procedures.
Official transcripts are required for:
- Applicants under the age of 18.
- Specific Programs of Study such as Associate Degree Nursing, Practical Nursing, Radiography, Dental Assisting and Cosmetology.
Official transcripts must be in a sealed envelope from the sending institution. Transcripts which have been opened or faxed are not accepted.
Mail transcripts to:
Student Services Office
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
P.O. Box 1595
Salisbury, North Carolina, 28145-1595.
You must complete an application for admission prior to testing. Schedule an appointment to make the ACCUPLACER placement test (English, Reading and Math) Schedule an appointment.
You may be exempt from testing if you meet any of the following criteria and provide an official transcript for evaluation:
- Graduated from a public high school within the last five years, with an unweighted GPA of 2.6 or higher and obtained an FRC code of 1,2,3 or 4, or passing grades grades in Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry and a fourth higher-level math.
- Completed transferable college-level coursework in English and math with a grade of C or better.
- Received an associate degree or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Completed SAT or ACT within the past five years.
- SAT scores: Math (500) and Critical Reading (500) or Writing (500)
- ACT scores: Math (22) and Reading (20) or English (18)
Special accommodations for placement testing due to a disability can be made with Disability Services prior to scheduling a placement test date. This exemption does not apply to applicants for the Associate Degree Nursing, Practical Nursing, Dental Assisting, and Radiography programs.
4. Advising Center
You are strongly encouraged to attend a GPS (Goals, Planning and Success) Session. GPS Sessions are for new students and designed to assist you in charting the way through your desired program, establishing goals and pathways that will lead to academic success, and ultimately graduation. To schedule an appointment, please visit www.rccc.edu/aca/.
5. Register for Classes
Use Web-Advisor to self-register for classes or come to a scheduled Web Advisor Support Session: www.rccc.edu/recordsregistration/. Please visit our Registration Information web page for registration details and dates.