About the Library
Book Delivery Service
Effective October 5, 2020, the Library will resume book delivery service with curbside pick up, enabling patrons to request books to be delivered to the campus of their choice (North or South). The materials need not be in the Rowan-Cabarrus libraries; we will borrow them from other libraries if we do not have them. There are no charges for this service.
How it Works:
- Place items on hold using the Request a Book form.
- Watch for an email notification that your hold items are ready.
- Go to your chosen campus library (North or South). Look for the Sign!
- Call the staff to let them know you’ve arrived.
- Pick-up your items.
- Return the books to a book drop when you are done.
The Library Curbside service will be available at North and South Campus beginning October 5, 2020:
Monday and Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Need to see what we have? Search our All-in-One Search to find books. You may also request the book inside of the All-in-Search by clicking “Request” on the item you want to request.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Delivery Speed?
Who may use the service?
How long do I have to pick-up the materials?
Where do I pick-up the book?
What do I need to show to pick-up my materials?
Where do I return the materials?
How many items may I request using the Book Delivery service?
What types of materials may you NOT request?
- Textbooks – Libraries do not typically add textbooks to their collections and the few that do will not lend them to other institutions.
- Multiple copies of a single copy
- Materials for placement on reserve
- Reference materials
- Archives and special collections