- Hours & Locations
- Book Return Locations
- Mission, Goals & Objectives
- Service Desks
- Library Advisory Boards
- Children in the Library
- Food & Drink
- Noise & Cell Phones
- Theft & Damage
- Lost & Found
The Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Archives comprise a rich collection of over 1,750 items documenting the college’s history, from its inception in 1962 to the present. The types of materials include:
- Monographs, mostly consisting of institutional documents, such as annual reports, fact books, educational blueprints, bulletins, policy manuals, Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) documents, self-studies, program reports and Individualized Computer Learning Center (ICLC) documents.
- Student monographs, including copies of Spectrum (yearbooks), catalogs and handbooks, Updates
- Ephemera, including advertising and promotional materials such as brochures and pamphlets, news releases
- Realia, such as trophies, plaques, framed photographs & certificates, and even a groundbreaking shovel
- Audiovisual materials such as cassette tapes, VHS, disks, DVDs, mostly consisting of conferences and guest speakers
- Photos, negatives, and slides
The majority of the collection is located on shelves in the media services room in the North Campus Library. These items are housed in boxes organized primarily by these formats, except for considerations where space was the primary issue. Where possible, within these formats, materials are then organized by date. The exception is the photograph collection, most of which are undated, and are therefore organized by subject. Each box is assigned to a shelf by number (shelves 1-9), and each box is numbered in order within each shelf. For example, if you are looking for Spectrum yearbooks, you would go to Shelf 3, Box 1. The contents of these boxes have been fully cataloged in an Excel document. A list of the contents is also contained in each box. Another smaller part of the collection is located in a file cabinet in the Study Room B in the North Campus Library. These materials are housed in files organized by subject. While a general overview is provided, a more in-depth catalog of these items is forthcoming.
Did You Know?
In addition to having copies of all the RCCC yearbooks in the Archives on campus, they have also been digitized as part of the DigitalNC project.