About the Library
Archive Services, a library unit, delivers preservation and repository services in support of Rowan-Cabarrus Community College’s mission and goals.
- Accessing the Collection
- Accreditation and Self Studies
- COVID Stories
- College Annual Reports
- College Catalogs
- Digital Exhibits
- Digital North Carolina Project (Yearbooks)
- Repository Services
- Transfer (Donate) materials to the College Archives
- Weeding and DCMA Takedown Request
Ready to jump right in? Use the button to begin searching the Archives!
The Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Archive comprises a rich collection of over 1,750 items documenting the college’s history, from its inception in 1962 to the present. The types of materials include:
- Monographs, mostly consist of institutional documents, such as annual reports, fact books, educational blueprints, bulletins, policy manuals, Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) documents, self-studies, program reports, and Individualized Computer Learning Center (ICLC) documents.
- Student monographs, including copies of Spectrum (yearbooks), catalogs and handbooks, Updates
- Ephemera, including advertising and promotional materials such as brochures and pamphlets, news releases
- Realia, such as trophies, plaques, framed photographs & certificates, and even a groundbreaking shovel
- Audiovisual materials such as cassette tapes, VHS, disks, DVDs, mostly consisting of conferences and guest speakers
- Photos, negatives, and slides
Rowan-Cabarrus’s Archive Services also provides storage and disposition of other records at the request of college departments, offices, or programs. Employees interested in this service should visit our internal guide on Repository Services.
If you have questions about the archives or the materials located within, please reach out to the Archives Librarian, Laura Silva, at email@example.com.