- Hours & Locations
- Book Return Locations
- Mission, Goals & Objectives
- Service Desks
- Library Advisory Boards
- Children in the Library
- Food & Drink
- Noise & Cell Phones
- Theft & Damage
- Lost & Found
Library Advisory Board
The Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Library Advisory Board serves as a visionary force, collaborating on initiatives of mutual benefit, sharing ideas, and reviewing and recommending library initiatives that fulfill the mission statement of the Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Library. It’s role is:
- To keep itself informed of library needs and serve as a forum for discussion.
- To recommend to College administration policies for overall development to include plans for improvement, and ways and means of financing improvements.
- To encourage the greatest use of library facilities and programs.
The Library Advisory Board consists of 17 members from six areas of stakeholders who are asked to serve at the recommendation of the Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Library Director. Each member serves for at least a one-year term and may serve back-to-back terms at the recommendation of the Library Director.
The 2018-2019 members of the advisory board are:
Emery Ortiz, Director, Cabarrus Public Library
College & Universities
Lara Little, Director, Pfeiffer University Library
Laura Johnson, Director, Livingstone College Library
Crystal Morgan, Media Specialist, Salisbury High School
Andrea Fulghum, Media Specialist, South Rowan High School
Katie Bogle, Media Specialist, A. L. Brown High School
North Carolina Community Colleges
Alan Unsworth, Surry Community College Library
Amy Burns, Central Piedmont Community College Library
Libby Stone, Gaston Community College Library
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
Kelli Antinodes, Cabarrus Early College
Tricia Staggers, Continuing Education
Damola Ogunyomi, President of the Student Library Council
Deanna Dixon, Director of Tutoring
Jenny Hubbard, Local Author
Laura Villegas, Director, Smart Start Rowan
KC Scott, Executive Director, Rowan Literacy Council
Student Library Council
The Student Library Council (S.L.C.) provides students the opportunity to share their perspectives on library services, resources, and spaces and to promote civic responsibility by supporting various literacy initiatives on campus and throughout Rowan and Cabarrus counties.
The Council’s functions are:
- To share student feedback with library administration on current and future library services and resources.
- To advocate for the interests and needs of a diverse student body.
- To create awareness and interest in library resources, services, and events.
- To effect positive change in library resources and services.
- To provide opportunities to develop valuable leadership experience through community service related to various literacy initiatives.
- To participate in the development of the popular fiction and streaming film collections.
If you are interested in serving on the Student Library Council, please contact Lisa Shores, Coordinator of Library Services-North Campus or visit the Student Library Council’s portal in NavSync for more details.