- Hours & Locations
- Book Return Locations
- Mission, Goals & Objectives
- Service Desks
- Library Advisory Boards
The Library at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College supports the mission of the college by being an active and vibrant partner in the learning experience; preparing information-literate citizens to compete and succeed in a 21st century workplace.
Goals & Objectives
- To develop a culture of creating as opposed to consuming.
- To provide the tools, opportunities, and environment to foster this culture.
- To provide a learner-focused environment.
- To provide flexible spaces that are responsive and adaptive to the learner’s evolving needs.
- To provide flexible and user-friendly virtual spaces that are responsive and adaptive to the learner’s evolving needs.
- To support a culture of learning by providing appropriate resources.
- To acquire, evaluate, and organize collections that support the curricular and extracurricular needs of a diverse population.
- To research, acquire, and make easily accessible technologies that support the curricular and extracurricular needs of a diverse population.
- To recruit, hire, and develop staff that are professionally trained and service oriented.
- To collaborate with both internal and external partners.
- To research and create opportunities for collaboration with both internal and external entities.
- To provide a program to assist students in finding, analyzing, and applying sources of information ethically and appropriately.
- To provide a tutoring program to assist students with their individual learning needs to ensure success in the classroom.
- To promote the resources and services of the Library.
- To increase awareness and knowledge of library resources and services and how these benefit student learning.
Learn more about the Library’s goals and objectives…