About the Library
Food & Drink
Food and Drink are allowed in the library under the following conditions:
- Drinks in covered containers are preferred.
- Alcohol and tobacco products are not allowed.
- Leave no trace. . .
- Protect library materials and equipment by keeping food and drink at a safe distance. Clean your hands after eating and before handling library property.
- Take responsibility for maintaining a sanitary and pleasant environment. Remove crumbs, wipe off sticky surfaces, and clean up after yourself and others. Properly dispose of trash in the library-provided receptacles or remove it from the building.
- Be respectful of others. Refrain from eating loud, smelly, or messy food. Food should be limited to snack foods. If a neighbor complains, you will be expected to relocate upon request.
- Food deliveries, food parties, group meals are not allowed except in relation to library-sponsored events.
- Food or drink spills should be reported to the Circulation Desk (or other public service desk) immediately so that prompt action can be taken to minimize the damages.
- Unattended food and drink may be removed and discarded.
Library staff reserves the right to ask anyone who disregards the above conditions to remove the food or drink from the Library immediately or to leave.