About the Library
- North 704-216-3691
- South 704-216-3681
- NCRC 704-216-7140
Noise & Cell Phone Usage
The Rowan-Cabarrus Library is committed to providing an environment conducive to study and collaboration.
Cell phones are allowed in the Library under the following conditions:
- When entering the Library space, patrons should turn the device on silent or vibrate.
- Patrons may speak on their cell phones in group study rooms or outside the Library. This includes FaceTime or any other video/audio conferencing.
- Patrons should consider those around them and keep their voices to a reasonable level to not disturb others.
- Talking on a cell phone in designated quiet study areas is not permitted.
Students may talk and collaborate under the following conditions:
- Patrons are responsible for selecting an area that best fits their academic and research needs.
- Patrons should not choose areas where their work will disturb others or where the permitted activities of others may disturb them.
- Maintain the lowest noise level possible.
Patrons listening to music, attending virtual classes, or video/ audio conferencing should also abide by these guidelines. Headphones should be used to not disturb others around you. Please reach out to a staff member for alternatives.