Law Enforcement Training & Criminal Justice Programs
Basic Law Enforcement Training
Criminal Justice Technology
Detention Officer Certification Course
General Instructor Certification
In-Service Law Enforcement Training
Radar Operator Certification
Interview Training Recognition Program (ITRP) Certificate
This program is designed to recognize those professionals whose aspirations to enhance their interviewing capabilities are such they are willing to invest their time and efforts in an endeavor to improve. Courses will be offered in traditional, online and digital formats. Those completing a training regimen will be presented with matted and framed documentation.
Please note: Only those courses approved or conducted by the IRTP instructors are counted for completion of the program.
No enrollment fee.
(120 hours required for completion; 48 hours core course; 72 hours elective)
Required Core Courses
- Interviewing and Interrogation* (40 Hrs.)
- Interviewing Ethics (8 Hrs.)
- Advanced Interviewing: The Concept of Persuasion (Blackboard Online Class) (16 Hrs.)
- Body Language Interviewing** (16 Hrs.)
- Contemporary Interviewing Dynamics (up to 16 Hrs.)
- Interviewer communication profile (8 Hrs.)
- Background investigation** (16 Hrs.)
- Interviewer personality profile (8 Hrs.)
- Investigative Discourse Analysis (40 Hrs.)
- Fraud Related Inquiries (16 Hrs.)
- Interviewing THE psychopath (16 Hrs.)
- Interviewing LIKE a psychopath (16 Hrs.)
- Investigating Allegations (24 Hrs.)
- Surviving the first three minutes of your interview (8 Hrs.)
- Audit related interviewing (8 Hrs.)
- Elicitation and the interview process (24 Hrs.)
- Advanced Interviewing: the concept of persuasion (16 Hrs.)
- Related Legal Issues*** (up to 16 hours)
- Advanced Interviewing: In Search of the Linguistic Black Swan
- Child Abuse Related Interviewing (16 Hrs.)
- Visually Enhanced Interviewing (24 Hrs.)
- Investigative Discourse analysis – Level 2 (24 Hrs.)
- Interviewing Generation ME! (16 Hrs.)
* I&I Conducted by Scott Hartley
** Conducted by Van Ritch
*** Conducted by Smith/Rodgers PLLC
To enroll, send your name, organization, and email address to Don Rabon, CFE (email@example.com, 828-606-9167).
For Rowan-Cabarrus Community College course descriptions, class locations & times, and instructor bios, visit our training calendar. For any questions, please send an email to LEtrain@rccc.edu.