Law Enforcement Training & Criminal Justice Programs
Basic Law Enforcement Training
Criminal Justice Technology
Detention Officer Certification Course
General Instructor Certification
In-Service Law Enforcement Training
Radar Operator Certification
DOCC Admission Requirements
Two (2) weeks prior to enrollment each candidate must:
- Provide the DOCC Coordinator with verification of sponsorship or employment signed by the Sheriff or his/her designee.
- Provide the DOCC coordinator with a copy of their valid North Carolina Driver’s license. This will also serve as proof of age. The minimum age for entry is 21.
- Provide proof of U.S. Citizenship; a copy of the birth certificate will suffice.
- Provide a copy of their high school diploma or GED (diplomas obtained through correspondence schools will not satisfy this requirement).
- Provide a copy of a certified criminal record check of local and state records from everywhere the student has resided within the past 10 years, plus from the location they attended high school. A criminal records check from the Clerk of Court from each location will satisfy this requirement. If the individual trainee has received a probationary certificate from the commission at the time of enrollment, this Criminal Record Check is waived. However documentation of this certificate must be provided to the School Director prior to enrollment. If the applicant had prior military service within the 10 year period he/she must include a copy of the form DD214 which shows the characterization of discharge and if any military discipline was issued. A military discharge type other than Honorable will require a military record.
- Provide a copy of a valid F-1 Medical History Statement & F-2 Medical Examination Report. The F-1 & F-2 must have been completed within the past year and signed by a physician, surgeon, physician’s assistant, or nurse practitioner licensed in North Carolina.
- Complete a Medical Questionnaire Form for Rowan-Cabarrus Community College.
- Complete a Data file Card.