About the Library
CD-ROMS & DVD Players/Writers
A valid RCCC identification card or Community Borrower card must be presented in order to borrow DVD players.
If there is a high demand for computers, the Library reserves the right to ask patrons that are engaged in non-academic activities to divest to another patron for academic reasons.
Community patrons may use the computers in the Library and are subject to the same rules as RCCC students. Community users are limited to 2 hours of computer usage per day without any renewals. They do not have access to specialized programs or database passwords. Presentation of a valid North Carolina driver’s license (or a valid North Carolina state issued picture ID) is required for each use. A Community user is issued a temporary user-name and password which will expire within two hours.
We do not encourage the use of the fax to receive faxes, as it is located in a non-secure area and the Library is not responsible for the confidentiality of documents sent to this machine.
Fax service is currently only available at our North and South campus Libraries.
A valid RCCC identification card or Community Borrower card must be presented in order to borrow headphones.
Borrowing a Laptop
To be eligible to borrow a laptop, the Borrower must:
- Present a valid RCCC student identification card,
- Be a currently registered student, and
- Sign the Laptop Liability Form.
Check to see if a Laptop is available. If there is no due date listed, then a computer is available.
- Borrower accepts full responsibility for the security of the laptop and all components present at the point of charge and discharge. Should the laptop or any part therein become damaged, lost, or stolen the Borrower agrees to pay (up to $2000.00) for the laptop’s repair or replacement.
- Borrower agrees to provide a valid Student ID as proof of identity at the execution of this agreement and each discharge.
- Laptops are for registered student use only. Faculty/Staff may contact Information Services for their equipment needs.
- Laptops may be borrowed for a period of 2 hours.
- Late charges are $10.00 per hour, up to a maximum amount of $100.00.
- Laptops may be renewed one time. The Library reserves the right to deny a renewal if there is high demand for laptops.
- If the laptop is not returned within three hours, it will be reported stolen, campus police will be notified and $2000.00 will be charged to the Borrower’s record.
- The laptop must be returned at least thirty minutes prior to the Library closing, even if this does not allow the Borrower the entire two hour loan period.
- Upon expiration of the loan period, the laptop must be returned to a staff member at the Information Commons Desk. Do NOT leave it unattended on the Information Commons desk or any other Library service desk.
- The laptop’s settings and/or configurations will not be altered.
- Rowan-Cabarrus will not be liable for any loss or damage of the Borrower’s data or media.
- Use of a laptop is granted in accordance with RCCC’s Acceptable Use Policy. Violations of this policy will result in denial of future laptop use.
- This agreement must be renewed for each academic year (August – July).
- The Library reserves the right to deny use of a laptop to the Borrower for any reason.