- Hours & Locations
- Book Return Locations
- Mission, Goals & Objectives
- Service Desks
- Library Advisory Boards
CD-ROMS & DVD Players/Writers
USB connectable DVD players are available for In-Library use only. They are available at the Technology Service’s Desk for 3 hour loan periods and are eligible for one renewal based on availability.
A valid RCCC identification card or Community Borrower card must be presented in order to borrow DVD players.
Rowan-Cabarrus students may use the Library computers according to RCCC’s Acceptable Use Policy. Students consistently in violation of the RCCC Acceptable Use policy will be asked to leave, be reported to the Office of Civility, and may be barred from using the computers.
If there is a high demand for computers, the Library reserves the right to ask patrons that are engaged in non-academic activities to divest to another patron for academic reasons.
Community patrons may use the computers in the Library and are subject to the same rules as RCCC students. Community users are limited to 2 hours of computer usage per day without any renewals. They do not have access to specialized programs or database passwords. Presentation of a valid North Carolina driver’s license (or a valid North Carolina state issued picture ID) is required for each use. A Community user is issued a temporary user-name and password which will expire within two hours.
The Library provides fax services to RCCC students, faculty, and staff with valid RCCC credentials at no charge. This is a self-serve process. We do not provide fax services to public patrons.
We do not encourage the use of the fax to receive faxes, as it is located in a non-secure area and the Library is not responsible for the confidentiality of documents sent to this machine.
Fax service is currently only available at our North and South campus Libraries.
Headphones are available for In-Library use only. They are available at the Technology Services Desk for 2 hour loan periods and are eligible for one renewal based on availability.
A valid RCCC identification card or Community Borrower card must be presented in order to borrow headphones.
The Library has laptops available for in-Library use only. They are available for loan from the the Technology Services Desk.
Borrowing a Laptop
To be eligible to borrow a laptop, the Borrower must:
- Present a valid RCCC student identification card,
- Be a currently registered student, and
- Sign the Laptop Liability Form.
Check to see if a Laptop is available. If there is no due date listed, then a computer is available.
- Borrower accepts full responsibility for the security of the laptop and all components present at the point of charge and discharge. Should the laptop or any part therein become damaged, lost, or stolen the Borrower agrees to pay (up to $2000.00) for the laptop’s repair or replacement.
- Borrower agrees to provide a valid Student ID as proof of identity at the execution of this agreement and each discharge.
- Laptops are for registered student use only. Faculty may contact Media Services at 704-216-3776 (North) or 704-216-3677 (South) for their equipment needs.
- Laptops may be borrowed for a period of 2 hours.
- Late charges are $10.00 per hour, up to a maximum amount of $100.00.
- Laptops may be renewed one time. The Library reserves the right to deny a renewal if there is high demand for laptops.
- If the laptop is not returned within three hours, it will be reported stolen, campus police will be notified and $2000.00 will be charged to the Borrower’s record.
- The laptop must be returned at least thirty minutes prior to the Library closing, even if this does not allow the Borrower the entire two hour loan period.
- Upon expiration of the loan period, the laptop must be returned to a staff member at the Information Commons Desk. Do NOT leave it unattended on the Information Commons desk or any other Library service desk.
- The laptop’s settings and/or configurations will not be altered.
- Rowan-Cabarrus will not be liable for any loss or damage of the Borrower’s data or media.
- Use of a laptop is granted in accordance with RCCC’s Acceptable Use Policy. Violations of this policy will result in denial of future laptop use.
- This agreement must be renewed for each academic year (August – July).
- The Library reserves the right to deny use of a laptop to the Borrower for any reason.