About the Library
Do you have an in-depth research question? Would you like to work with a librarian in private? Do you want to talk to the librarian who taught your class?
Our librarians are happy to help you find and learn the best research databases for your subject, efficiently navigate services such as article & book delivery and any other research questions you have.
Contact us to make an appointment today!
With Ask-a-Librarian, you can connect to a librarian through your computer at any time. Using online chatting, we will be able to give you answers, articles, and more. It’s easy and safe. We are open 24/7!
Ask-a-Librarian can help you find answers to your research questions and much more.
The Library Reference Desks are generally staffed by Librarians Monday through Friday during normal business hours. You may receive assistance in-person, by phone, and/or email.
- North Campus Reference – 704-216-3680
- South Campus Reference – 704-216-3683
- NCRC Campus Reference – 704-216-7139
Research Process Tutorial
RCCC’s Library research tutorial introduces students to college-level research. How to find and evaluate the kinds of sources your instructors want you to use in college and save time doing it! The tutorial is a series of guides listed below that you must read to get the answers for the quiz.
After completing this tutorial, you will be able to:
- Develop a research question or problem statement that isn’t too broad or too narrow
- Identify scholarly journals and select the best information resources to answer your research question
- Construct search strategies using keywords, connectors, quotation marks and more
Refine search results by resource type, publication date, and more
- Find full-text journal articles and request articles and books; and
- Understand plagiarism and use APA & MLA style