E-Notary (Electronic Notary)
This 3-hour course prepares a current North Carolina Notary Public to take the examination to become qualified to notarize documents electronically. Personal appearance by the principal is still required in electronic notarization.
For more information on electronic notarization, please visit the North Carolina Secretary of State website.
- 3-Hour Class
- $50 Registration Fee
- Advance Registration Required
- Online registration and payment is available.
- Navigate to WebAdvisor.
- Select “Students,” then “Search, Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes.”
- To search for a class, type “NOTARY” as a Key Word, then look for the class titled “E-Notary,” not “Notary Public Education.”
- Check the box beside the class of your choice and select “Submit.”
- Enter your information and follow instructions to register and pay.
Bring to Class
- State or Federal Photo ID, such as Driver’s License
- Your copy of the Notary Manual 2016 edition
- Your Notary certificate number
E-Notary Manual will be provided in class.
You should come at least 15 minutes prior to class start for check-in purposes. Late arrivals (more than 10 minutes after class begins) will not be admitted.