Health Occupation Programs
Health Occupation Programs & Courses
Anatomy and Physiology Refresher
Certified Billing & Coding Specialist Course
Licensed Practical Nurse IV Certificate
Nurse Aide II Refresher Course
This course is eligible for the GEER Scholarship.
Medical Coding Certificate
The Medical Coding Certificate course is now a prerequisite for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) course. This is a hybrid course that will meet in a classroom as well as online.
It will consist of two parts. Both parts prepare students to assign procedural and diagnostic codes for procedures, services, and diagnosis performed by physicians in an inpatient and outpatient setting. The course also prepares students for the CPC certification course.
- Part I is an introduction to the ICD-10-CM data set used for reporting diagnoses and other reasons why health care professionals care for patients. Part I will also include instruction (theory and hands-on) on how to classify and index diagnoses in the health care setting. The various uses for diagnosis codes will be discussed as well.
- Part II is an introduction to procedure coding with the intention of helping students correctly report all types of health care services, treatments, and procedures provided to patients in outpatient facilities, as well as ancillary departments such as imaging centers and pathology/laboratories. CPT, HCPCS Level II, and ICD-10-CM code sets will be covered with hands-on practice.
The overall goal of this course will:
- Help you achieve an understanding of diagnosis coding used in the medical field.
- Become comfortable and familiar with the ICD-10-CM data set.
- Help you achieve an understanding of procedure coding used in the medical field.
- How to work with procedure codes in a physician’s office.
- Medical Terminology
Please email Casey Hinson-Stapleton with any questions.
|For classes that begin May 16th and after, please REGISTER HERE.|