Health Occupation Programs
Health Occupation Programs & Courses
Unfortunately, spring phlebotomy classes have been postponed with no known start date.
The phlebotomy training course is 185 hours in length, divided into 48 hours of lecture and student lab training and 137 hours of clinical experience.
What does a phlebotomist do? Find out from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
This course provides theory and clinical experiences needed for the proper collection of blood and other specimens used for diagnostic testing. Emphasis is placed on: ethics, legalities, medical terminology, safety and universal precautions, health care delivery systems, patient relations, anatomy and physiology, and specimen collection.
Students will practice venipunctures on a mechanical arm until competent. Once competency is established, students will perform supervised venipunctures on clinical laboratory patients. Clinical sites include: CMC Northeast, Novant Health Rowan Medical Center, the VA Medical Center, Lake Norman Regional Medical Center, and Rowan Family Physicians.
Upon successful program completion, students will be eligible to sit for the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) national certification exam.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have completed Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) in Silver (level 4)
- For more information regarding CRC, contact our Employability Labs.
- Students must produce the following documentation to register:
- Completed Phlebotomy application.
- Evidence of U.S. issued High School Diploma or GED/HSE
- Unexpired government-issued picture ID
- Must have background check/drug screen (current fee $90.75)
- Please contact Casey Hinson (email@example.com, 704-216-3452) to receive these instructions.
- You must clear both the background check and drug screen before time of registration.
- These tests must be current and cannot be used for or carried over to any other class.
- Class registration costs $200.43.
Once you have met all requirements, you may register through Casey Hinson (firstname.lastname@example.org, 704-216-3452).
There are no upcoming events at this time.
NOTE: Spring phlebotomy classes have been postponed with no known start date.
For More Information
Casey Hinson (email@example.com, 704-216-3452)