Health Occupation Programs
Health Occupation Programs & Courses
Nurse Aide I Program
The Nurse Aide I program is designed to teach fundamental skills required of health care professionals.
The length of the program is 153 hours. Upon successful completion of this program, students are eligible to take the NC Division of Health Service Regulation Nurse Aide Registry Exam. The registry listing is required to be employed by hospitals, long-term facilities, and home health agencies.
Class attendance is mandatory. Students are allowed to be absent a total of 3 class periods. Any student greater than 15 minutes late on the first day of class will be marked absent. A tardy greater than 10 minutes is equal to an absence after the first day of class. Classes are taught days, evenings, and weekends at Rowan-Cabarrus’ North Campus, South Campus and College Station locations and repeat throughout the year.
Online registration & payment is available:
|To view or register for classes, please navigate to the Registration Portal.|
NAI clinical is during the same days/times as lecture/lab and will vary throughout Cabarrus/Rowan County. Please note that clinical may be in Rowan County even if the classroom portion is in Cabarrus County and vice versa.
Expected Fees & Supplies
- Class tuition is $200.43.
- Drug Screen and Background Check $90.75 (specific details provided on the 1st day of class)
- Payment is due at the time of registration.
- Nurse Aide I Course Pack
- Nurse Aide I uniform patch can be purchased at Beacon’s Nest and Navigation Station. (Uniform and patch are not needed for the first day of class).
- A wristwatch with a second hand should be worn on the first day of class.
Students must bring the following documents on the first day of class:
- Completed Nurse Aide I Application.
- Completed Physical & Emotional and Technical Standards form
- Must have the following clinical requirements:
- Full Covid-19 vaccine series (highly recommended)
- One PPD with reading
- Tetanus vaccine within the last 10 years
- Clinical-approved drug screen/background check
- Evidence of a U.S.-issued high school diploma or High School Equivalency or proof of Associates, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree (copy of diploma or transcript copies)
- Unexpired government-issued picture ID.