Registration & Tuition
Student Records & Responsibility
Student Responsibility to Request Update to Student Record
The Records office maintains your student record. It is however, the students responsibility to update any changes to their contact information (i.e. phone numbers, address, program change). It is the students responsibility to assure that all requirements and courses for which you are registered meet graduation requirements for your program of study. For these reasons, students are encouraged to check their records periodically, especially prior to registration for their last semester. Your student information can be viewed on your profile by logging into “My Navigator” account.
- Name Change – Use the online Name Change Form when requesting a Name Change. Please read carefully and provide all documentation required when submitting the online form to Student Records.
- Legal Name Change: A Legal Name is the name that appears on a student’s passport, driver’s license, birth certificate, or US Social Security card. A student’s legal name would continue to be used within Academic Records, Transcripts, Financial Aid and Scholarship Documents and any legal document produced by the college, including the student identification card.
- Preferred Name Change: Rowan-Cabarrus allows any student to submit a preferred name change or “campus name” that will appear in place of the student’s legal name in many college records. Electing to use a student’s preferred name will not change a student’s legal name. A preferred name will be used in colleague, class rosters, Blackboard, WebAdvisor and Navigate.
The college has the right to deny any inappropriate preferred name change requests. Name changes are limited to 1 name change a semester.
- Contact information (Address & Phone Number) – If you are requesting the college update your address or phone number, please log into your My Navigator account and select “Web Address Change”. When submitted, your request will be received and processed through the Records Office. You may log in to your My Navigator account after 3-5 business days to view your student academic profile and confirm the information is accurate. If you have questions please contact us at 704-216-7222.
- Program Add/Change – Use the Request to Add Additional Program form to add a program of study or major.
Enrollment Status (Academic Load)
Average full-time enrollment for most students will vary between 15 and 18 hours of credit. Students who wish to carry more than 21 credit hours must have prior approval from the Chief Officer of Student Success & Service Excellence unless their curriculum requirements, as stated in the catalog, require more than 21 hours in a particular semester. Course schedules and course loads should be carefully planned through consultation with a counselor and approved by the student’s faculty advisor.
Note: The NC General Assembly has set tuition and registration fees on a “per credit hour” basis with a maximum charge for 16 credit hours.
- A full-time student is one who is enrolled in 12 more semester hours of credit in the fall or spring semesters and 9 credit semester hours of credit in the summer term.
- A part-time student is one who is enrolled in less than twelve semester hours of credit in fall or spring semesters and less than 9 semester hours of credit for summer term.
- A special credit student is one who is enrolled in a credit course, but is not working toward a degree, diploma or certificate.
For financial aid purposes only, a full-time student is 12 semester credits or more for each semester.